- Al-zuhair, H, El-sayeh, B, Ameen, HA, Al-shoora, H. 1996.
- Pharmacological studies of cardamom oil in animals. Pharmacol Res. 34(112): 79-82.
- Bellakhdar, J, Claisse, R, Fleurentin, J, Younos, C. 1991.
- Repertory of standard herbal drugs in the Moroccan Pharmacopoea. J Ethnopharmacol. 35(2): 123-143.
- Bhandary, MJ, Chandrashekar, KR, Kaveriappa, KM. 1995.
- Medical ethnobotany of the Siddis of Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, India. J Ethnopharmacol. 47(3): 149-158.
- Couvee. 1952.
- Compilation of herbs, plants, crops supposed to be effective in various complaints and illnesses. J Sci Res. 1s: 1.
- Dimayuga, RE, Virgen, M, Ochoa, N. 1998.
- Antimicrobial activity of medicinal plants from Baja California Sur (Mexico). Pharmaceutical Biol. 36(1): 33-43.
- Dragendorff, G. 1898.
- Die Heilpflanzen der Verschiedenen Volker und Zeiten, F. Enke, Stuttgart. 885 pp.
- Duke, JA, Ayensu, ES. 1985.
- Medicinal plants of China. Reference Publications, Inc. Algonac, Michigan, 1985.
- Duke, JA. 1994.
- Amazonian Ethnobotanical Dictionary, 181 pp.
- Ghazanfar, SA, Al-sabahi, MA. 1993.
- Medicinal plants of Northern and Central Oman (Arabia). Econ Bot. 47(1): 89-98.
- Hirschhorn, HH. 1983.
- Botanical remedies of the former Dutch East Indies (Indonesia). I: Eumycetes, Pteridophyta, Gymnospermae, Angiospermae (Monocotylendones only). J Ethnopharmacol. 7(2): 123-156.
- John, D. 1984.
- One hundred useful raw drugs of the Kani tribes of Trivandrum Forest Division, Kerala, India. Int J Crude Drug Res. 22(1): 17-39.
- Joseph, S, Peter, KV. 1985.
- Curry leaf (Murraya koenigii), perennial, nutritious, leafy vegetable. Econ Bot. 39(1): 68-73.
- Kar, A, Choudhary, BK, Bandyopadhyay, NG. 1999.
- Preliminary studies on the inorganic constituents of some indigenous hypoglycaemic herbs on oral glucose tolerance test. J Exp Bot. 64(2): 179-184.
- Khan, SS, Chaghtai, SA, Oommachan, M. 1982.
- Ethnobotanical studies of certain rare medicinal plants of Bhopal. J Sci Res (Bhopal) 4(3): 185-187.
- Kong, YC, Ng, KH, But, PPH, Li, Q, Yu, SX, Zhang, HT, Cheng, KF, Soejarto, DD, Kan, WS, Waterman, PG. 1986.
- Sources of the anti-implantation alkaloid Yuehchukene in the Genus Murraya. J Ethnopharmacol. 15(2): 195-200.
- Lechner-Knecht, S. 1982.
- Sacred healing plants in Nepal. Dtsch Apoth ZTG. 122: 2122-2129.
- Mukerjee, T, Bhalla, N, Singh Aulakh, G, Jain, HC. 1984.
- Herbal drugs for urinary stones. Literature appraisal. Indian Drugs 21(6): 224-228.
- Newman, LF. 1979.
- Ophelia's herbal. Econ Bot. 33: 227-232.
- Padhmanathan, K, Venkatakrishnan, V, Ramadevi, S, Senthil, V, Giridharan, P, Balakrishnan, A. 2005.
- A novel anti-cancer lead molecule from Curcuma longa induces apoptosis in human laryngocarcinoma (HEp-2) cells. Indian J Med Res (Suppl) February: 134 pp.
- Perrot, E, Paris, RR. 1971.
- Les Plantes Medicinales. Part I. Presses Universitaires dex France, Paris, France.
- Philip, J. 1981.
- Curry leaf, and its uses. World Crops. 125-126.
- Rajurkar, NS, Pardeshi, BM. 1997.
- Analysis of some herbal plants from India used in the control of diabetes mellitus by NAA and AAS techniques. Appl Radiat Isot. 48(8): 1059-1062.
- Reddy, MB, Reddy, KR, Reddy, MN. 1989.
- A survey of plant crude drugs of Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Int J Crude Drug Res. 27(3): 145-155.
- Shanmugasundaram, KR, Ramanujam, S, Shanmugasundaram, ER. 1994.
- Amrita Bindu -a salt-spice-herbal health food supplement for the prevention of nitrosamine induced depletion of antioxidants. J Ethnopharmacol. 42(2): 83-93.
- Singh, YN. 1986.
- Traditional medicine in Fiji: some herbal folk cures used by Fiji Indians. J Ethnopharmacol. 15(1): 57-88.
- Suwal, PN. 1970.
- Medicinal plants of Nepal. Ministry of Forests, Department of Medicinal Plants, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Tsai, DS. 1979.
- Foeniculum vulgare and Anethum graveolens. K'o Hsueh Nung Yeh (Taipei) 27(1/2): 35-39.
For questions or comments email: email@example.com
Warning: include(http://www.sacredearth.com/amazonsearch.htm): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
in /home/sacred85/public_html/ezine/2010_04/reference.php on line 101
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'http://www.sacredearth.com/amazonsearch.htm' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sacred85/public_html/ezine/2010_04/reference.php on line 101
ABOUT THIS ARTICLE:
Please note that all materials presented here are copyrighted. You may download it for your personal use or forward it to your friends or anybody you think might be interested, but please send
it in its entirety and quote the source. Any other reuse or publication of our content is only permitted with expressed permission of the author.
Please send comments or inquiries to Sacred
This Article was originally published in the Sacred Earth Newletter. The Newsletter is a FREE service containing articles, news and reviews on all things herbal and/or ethnobotanical, with an approximate publication cylce of 6 - 8 weeks. If you wish to subscribe, please use the subscription box to submit your e-mail address.
Please note that although all the references to edible and medicinal herbs
are tried and tested, their efficacy cannot be guaranteed and has not been approved by the FDA. Furthermore, everybody responds differently to various plants, and adverse reactions cannot be ruled out. Historical information regarding poisonous plants is included for educational purposes only and should not be tried out at home. Everybody uses
herbs at their own risk and thus must make themselves fully aware of their
potential power. Any information given here is educational and should not
replace a visit to the doctor should this be necessary. Neither Sacred
Earth nor Kat Morgenstern accepts responsibility for anybody's home experimentation. Links to external sites are included as pointers to further resources - we do not endorse them or are in any way responsible for their content, nor do we thus verify that their content is accurate.